Thursday, June 14, 2012

And so it begins 6/8-6/11

A quick catch up post here....

I have been running however I moved into a new home! It is very exciting, but the move and a very special wedding took up a bit too much time and I took a week and a half off.....and boy did I feel it. They say that for every week taken off you lose 3-4 weeks of "in-shapeness". I definitely believe that because I am a bit behind the ball again. Worry not.....official training begins 6/20 and all signs are pointing to ready set go.

On a side note wixom is far hillier than warren could ever dream to be. I have so many trails and difficult runs around me. I am excited for the training I have always wanted! Friday and Saturday I went for some easy jogs around the neighborhood. I didn't time myself because I did not want to be discouraged however I realized that the route I took was much more difficult on the way back than on the way there....ouch!

I also wanted to point out a scary running condition. Beware long tree alleyways on hot summer days when the sun is directly above. The trees blocked all breeze and the trees incubated my poor body like a cooked chicken. I was feeling great at about mile 2.5, but by 3.5 I was cooked. A little walking happened on that run. I ran a gentle 5 miles monday in order to get ready for a nervous run with ....a new running partner?? get excited and read my next entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment