Monday, June 18, 2012

Progress

Today was a great one.....because I saw some progress. I ran with sarah today at 6am. I am just not a fan of waking up so early.....but it happens and was well worth it. 5:30 out of bed and 6 am run for 6 miles. I was taken on a tour of many GP parks. I was unable to keep up solid conversation at the pace, but i did try to talk and throw in a little bit here and there.

The run was also funny because of how it started. I planned to make sure we didnt go out to fast so that I could last the whole way. As we started out i felt great until i realized i felt too great. I checked my watch and noticed a 730 pace. I felt really bad. I picked it up and we ended up finished mile one in a 7:03 pace. That was a great starting line goal. miles two and three were 6:56 and 6:58 respectively. I felt strong so i began to push it a bit. 6:51 was mile four and also where I started to feel it. I had that tired shit im not going to finish this run feeling. Scary feeling indeed, but its good to mentally get over that. 6:56 was mile 5 and the last mile was one of those grind it out i feel slow but really its my fastest miles. Without using a dead sprint the final mile (after passing two older women three times to the point where im sure they believed we were stalking them) was 6:45. Not too shabby of a comeback run after my 4.5 mile stop debacle run last week.

Go team Go

on a side note....im quite tired....maybe i can fall asleep early and go to GP to run with the lovely GPERS??


No comments:

Post a Comment