Thursday, June 14, 2012

6/13 The you can do it run

The great thing about running with a group or partner that is faster than you are is that it shows you  (and your body) that you can push yourself even more. I love that about running. I am a masochist....bring on the pain. One of the reasons I was such a good runner back in the day was that I was more willing to take pain than the other guy (or so i tell myself in my attempt to be a much crappier version of my hero prefontaine).

Anyways wednesday's run was an attempt to prove that I can take the lessons learned from tuesday and apply them to a run on my own. My garmin and I geared up for a seven miler (turned six miler). I took the  most rolly hilly route from my apartment. I have this fantastic bike path to run on which makes life wonderful due to a lack of lights and wide lanes. The goal was to just stay under seven minute miles. The temp was perfect although I keep running too late in the day. Sadly I did not pass the amount of people I would in a grosse pointe area, but I passed quite a few walkers which was nice as I waved hello! I finished my first three going up a dirt hill. I pushed the first three out at 6:58, 6:54, 6:59. Must to my surprise I was hurting, but I really didn't want to stop. I also knew that most of the run back was downhill. A beautiful thought! The last three were 6:49, 6:55, and a grueling last mile of 7:09. I was happy with that.

To be honest I just love running. I really do. I am a competitor and I do love racing, but i just love the feeling after a good run as sweat pours off of your body and you feel like you did something. Or the ice cold shower afterwards as you sing justin beiber while finding it difficult to stand. I can definitely sleep so much better after a day of running. Hooray life!

No comments:

Post a Comment