Thursday, June 14, 2012

She came from the West 6/12

I have a new training partner to add to others that I already run with! Sarah ran for GVSU and was pretty darn good. Last year dominating the marathon enough to qualify for boston (even if she was a man she would have qualified). Good stuff. It is just what i have been asking for....someone to come in and kick my booty.

I was a bit nervous when we met at 8 for our grosse pointe run. As I told her....your small frame is not intimidating, but your speed is! Anyways we planned on a 7/8 mile run at around 650 pace. Needless to say that did not happen. I chickened out and made sarah stop at about 4.5 miles. On a positive note we ran those miles very speedily. 6:42, 6:48, 6:53, 6:44, (half mile at 6:42 pace). I was should have pushed one more out, but why overdo it on day one. That was a tough run, but i loved every second of it. Especially talking during the run. Well....more like josh gasping for air and saying one word answers. PS....yes sarah my garmin is accurate and not lying to you about our pace!!

Life is good....very very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment