Thursday, June 14, 2012

yogging before work?

Today was a recovery day! I did a four mile yog just to recover from a little dead leg syndrome. To be honest my legs aren't feeling too bad, but i woke up a little stiff this morning.....haha real funny, get your minds out of the gutter.

I ran the outside kensington route since it had been a while. As i took off for my first mile I had trouble moving the legs. I was confused how I had been running under seven so much lately when I felt like 8 minute miles were causing me to breathe sort of hard. I began to fiddle with my stride a bit. I realized that since I knew I was running slower today I was plodding much more. My steps were heavy and I landed more flat footed slapping the pavement. I began to consciously use the front of my feet a bit more. My legs were struggling a bit with it but in time the calves will become strong again. When I changed my stride I noticed my  pace picked up drastically. I still took it easier, but it was a great sweaty run! Hills and I are starting to become friends again which is a pretty exciting adventure. The four miles were 7:45, 7:15, 6:59, 6:52. I am recovered and ready for a beautiful friday run!

No comments:

Post a Comment