Friday, May 25, 2012

speed work 1

Today was a speed work day!

One aspect of my upcoming training will be speed workouts. I will do track workouts that include 400s 800s miles and so on with jogging in between. Today's run was done using hills to add a bit of difficulty. I decided halfway through that i need something like a speedy high school girl or something like that to really push me on these runs. I guess the high school part isn't needed but I heard about a 4:47 miler in the catholic league and i feel like training with her would help.....true motivation not losing to younger women. Pretty impressive stuff. I would love to crank out one or two under 5 mins miles in about 2 more months.

Today's workout was 800s. I ran one 800 fast then jogged one. I ran three  at 5:50 pace with three 800s at 10 min pace in between. Good times indeed. I think without hills i would have gone much fast. I also would love some running partners....possibly this weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment