Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Misty, the mystery girl

First note of today.....do not eat two doughnuts before a run....no matter how good/delicious they look.

     Hello again everyone! Well what a change a day makes. Since yesterday went a bit poorly I changed it up. 4 miles at an attempted 7:30 was the idea for the day.  The course was hilly yet again, but the temperature was quite perfect. The course looked amazing as a slight mist rose from the road due to the recently fallen rain mixing with the heat of the setting sun. Just picture that one....yes just as pretty as it sounds! Anyways the run went well. It was one of those runs that is mad hilly, but feels like you are running downhill for 90 percent of it (which was not possible since it was a there and back run). Great feeling and I even progressively ran faster which was a nice feeling.

     On a side note I should talk about misty, aka the name i gave to this random mystery girl. I was thinking of calling her blue since I have seen her the past two days wearing the same blue shirt, but blue sounds too sad. Yesterday she parked next to me before the run. As i stretched she took off. I eventually caught her, but i realized she was moving at a really solid pace. I was worried when I died at the end yesterday that she would catch me. When we passed there and back yesterday she was very pleasant with her wave and smile and all of that jazz. I was impressed. Reminded me of my RP runner girls. Anyways as I reached mile 1.8 today there she was.....different path...different course....though same general location and time. She was walking this time, but when she saw me she took off even though we were running in the opposite directions. Good times. If i see her again I plan on having a conversation with her and possibly running with her because it was an odd twist of fate.  It is always kind of fun to make up stories in your head of the people you pass or are being passed by as you run. Sort of a mind game to help keep you going.

The run today was as follows...7:31....7:31.....7:15.....7:07. I was happy and feel fresh after running. I have noticed that I have been really dehydrated even though my water level intake has been steady. I blame this on the weekend. This may also explain my tid bit of heavy leg syndrome I have been experiencing. We shall see when I hopefully do some speed ness with the ladies of grosse pointe tomorrow.

READY SET BREAK!

No comments:

Post a Comment