Wednesday, May 23, 2012

5/22 Back from the hiatus!

Well I am back. I think it was sort of a two week break with sporadic running sessions, but it is now time to get serious. I have a month until the real training begins and i need to make sure I am ready for it!

Today was a great run to be honest. I need to make sure that my race pace ideas are not too fast. So today i decided i would test it out on my hilliest course. 4 miles at 6:52 was the plan. I took off and honestly i struggled keeping the steady pace. I hope that soon I will get it a bit better, but my body really seemed to want to run either 7 minutes or 630. The hills really made it hard to judge my overall pace because uphill i would go my slower pace and down I would go to the faster pace. It always seemed to balance out, however, i was worried it would not on the back end of the run which caused me to go a bit too fast.

I was not really comfy with this run which worries me a bit. I also have not been running consistently so that may be a slight issue as well. I passed one of my bosses on the run which was interesting.....since i was on my lunch break. I had to charge the hill to pass him which probably made me look like a dick. If i get fired ill know why ;D

Anyways, long live running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment