Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Grosse Pointe Ganstresses

     Such a lovely morning run today! I must say as hard as it is to wake up at 4:30 AM to go run....along with the fact it is still freezing when I jump out of my car to run......it is so well worth it! I was able to see quite a few of the lovely Grosse Pointe running ladies (and wade). We started off as a large chatty mob which I really took in for the first time in a while and really enjoyed it. We eventually all broke off and I went wwith Kathleen and Leslie to do 6 flat miles. The sun rose as we ran, which surprised me seeing as how it was a 5:15-6:15ish run. It is just a beautiful place to run and some wonderful company. As we made our way through Grosse Pointe's mean streets we randomly ran into the other groups that we broke off from. Karry joined us for the last two miles and it was nice to catch up a bit with her as well! It was pretty awesome to see our gang taking over Grosse Pointe. One thing to consider.......quote of the day......"its all relative".....think about that one.

     This was a perfect run. The group aspect was a much needed change of pace. It is always nice to be surrounded by like minded runners every so often to remind you of the fun and smiles that running can bring. I ran 6 miles at about an average of 8:45, as slow as 9:02 and fast as 8:31. Our pace was very consistent and felt the group keep the pace in check. It never felt like struggle and talking didn't seem to take my breathe away which was a nice sign. I still felt a bit weak in my legs and will thus rest a bit tomorrow. Overall I am feeling very good and rediscovered my love for running. It is funny how good people, a nice pace, and grinch pj pants can do that for you.

PS Laurie stole my gloves so I had to run with cold hands ;D 


No comments:

Post a Comment