Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easy Breezy Beautiful.....

......CoverGirl

     Well today was another successful adventure. I was not supposed to run today, but decided that a two mile pace day would be a wonderful little reward for yesterdays run. I really need to stop running at lunch because these hills are just doing a number on my lil ol' legs. The trail today was ghost town esque. Although it sounds creepy it was nice! I did not bring an ipod along with me and instead looked around at the scenery watching the little birds and ducks fly/swim around. I even saw a deer. The issue with that is you really need to watch where you are going when running so you dont pull a josh and run into a pole. Ow...

     The goal of today was just an easy two miles to get the legs moving after yesterday. I can feel a slight leg exhaustion in the quads but no real pain and what a gorgeous day to run! I just did an easy 2 miles at 7:34 pace. I did not use my watch to pace today and only blindly lapped each marked off 1/4 mile. I was very consistant and finished mile 1 in 7:35 and mile 2 with a 7:33 pace. I was pretty ecstatic to have my internal clock working so well this early on! I finished up with a few build up strides just to lengthen out my legs a bit after those hills. I am looking forward to maybe some barefoot strides if i go to South's track tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment